Friday, November 17, 2006

Wine Of The Year

Well, WS declared theirs... I'm not quite ready to put my list together yet, but there are a ton of strong contenders... at this point, my WOTY is between about 4 or 5 different things. I'll just have to see what my favorite is come January 1st. There is still a lot of wine to taste between now and then... As for WS, I think that they probably made a good choice. I was betting on the 2003 Concha y Toro Don Melchor Cabernet Sauvignon, but not a bad choice at #4. I have 1 bottle of the Kosta Browne RRV in my cellar (#8 - I think). I won't go near the 2003 Leoville-Barton or the 2003 Sauternes. As I haven't tasted the 2001 Casanova di Neri Tenuto Nuovo Brunello di Montalcino, I really can't comment on it. Except I know how Brunello falls in my favorite wines....

1 comment:

Alex C said...

We will look forward to seeing your WOTY list develop. And you are even more looking forward to joining you for dinner in mid-December and discussing it further. Anything you need from Napa or Sonoma that you can't get in Florida? All the best, Alex