Sunday, May 27, 2007

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2003 Casa Lapostelle Clos Apalta... green peppercorn alert... green peppercorn alert... not my favorite, though it seldom is... 1990 Chateau Gruaud Larose... really, really good as always... wine of the night was the 1990 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee St.-Vivant "Morey Monge"... beautiful red berry notes on the nose with hints of white truffle and turned earth with saddle leather and cedar notes building on the (still) prevalant clove and cinnamon notes of oak. On the palate, the wine is a complete baby... still needs 5 years minimum to start showing its stuff. Never thought I'd call an RSV massive... so I won't... I'll call it massively elegant... the tannins are almost overpowering on the palate and this is not (yet) a wine of refined elegance. I think this has to be one of the longest lived RSVs ever produced...

No comments: