Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Ok, I Promise

To write more... this is really getting out of hand now. Tonight saw two great bottles... the first, the 1937 Quinta do (I always forget if it's da or do) Noval Colheita... always mindblowing, I seem to take this one for granted as I try it so frequently (at least once a week, in general). Such an utterly mindblowing wine on the palate. It's expensive, sure. But it's completely worth it (and I don't even like port that much!!!). The other great wine tonight, and the wine of the year so far, is the 1990 Chateau Latour. The wine has evolved and opened over the last few years. Not the best bottle I've ever had of this vintage, but it was the most open. Showing tons of power with loads of cedary-cigar box quality (actually one of the most aromatic Latours I've ever had). The finish was pure power.... awesome, awesome stuff.

No comments: