Sunday, November 06, 2005

Oustanding... may I offer you a to-go cup?

Seems like no one finished their wine last night! Interesting choice, as the bottles were spectacular?!? Also, R had a spectacular idea last night... of which we quickly got the support of the managers - 86 the Cordial Trolly (which was time-consuming and clumsy at best) and turn it into a decanting station! I love it! We just need to bring in an Ah-so, and we'll be all set! I love it! On to the wine... 1985 Remoissenet Charmes-Chambertin was a cigar-box, sweet cherry, earthy tannin monster! While the fruit was dying at the 3 hour mark, it was a simply spectacular bottle of wine! I think the 02 I had in LV will end up even better! Also, had a half-glass of a nice older bottle of Krug Grand Cuvee MV... I made the comment to a regular table last night that if I could drink Krug every night, I would almost give up any other wine (note the almost)... truth is, I do get to have a sip of Krug just about every night... It's wonderful stuff. MV Krug ages so well. You see that it's non-vintage, so perhaps it's not quite as good as other Cuvee de Prestige? No way. Krug is it. Give me Zind-Humbrecht, Raveneau, or Domaine Leflaive for white wines, Leroy for reds, Krug for Champagne, and of course d'Yquem for desert, and I'd be a happy man. Would make for a spectacular wine dinner, no? I digress... the Krug was so dense, yeasty, and beautiful! A light gold (darker than most Champagne, mind you), with unbelievably tiny bubble, golden delicious apples, peaches and pears. A long, long, long finish. The best!

No comments: