Friday, January 27, 2006

A Long Week

Not much to chat about on here this week, plus I've been extremely busy. Yesterday was the first great wine of the week... the 1975 Chateau Lafite-Rothschild, Pauillac was beautiful and soft - very "Lafite". "It's like taking a bite out of a horse - gamey, tobacco, leather, cedar - it's fabulous!" - and V almost spit out his wine... "Just when I think the wine guys can't think of anything new to describe wine, Andrew blows me away" - classic, very classic. Since I haven't been writing much this week... let's talk about wine descriptors. I had a very, very good tasting on Wednesday morning (perhaps the best tasting I've ever done), and I also had a poor tasting. But what was consistant? Accurate descriptors. When tasting wine, it's all about what you enjoy. If you don't care about the unique and different smells, great. Wine is meant to be enjoyed the way YOU like it best. I love tasting wine and talking about it... I love the different smells, tastes - the fruits, spices, minerals, etc. It's an amazing substance.

No comments: